1. People enjoy work. Under the right circumstances.
You don't have to whip them to motivate them.
2. People are better as specialists at multiple companies
than generalists at one company.
3. Work environments are no longer centralized.
Online collaborative tools are making offices extinct.
4. Clients are the new bosses. They're the ones who say...
you get to do work.
5. Management is now team building not rule keeping.
We are becoming a society of independent makers
who each get called to be a part of projects
6. Teams are interchangeable. You no longer have to work with
people you don't like.
7. Success is adaptability, not consistency for long periods of time.
The product and the process are no longer permanent.
8. Tenure means nothing anymore. Ideas rule.
9. Competition has been replaced by disruption.
Not doing the same thing better, but doing a better thing.
10. There are no longer "product businesses" and "service businesses"
There are "everything businesses"